Monday, August 2, 2010

Soteapan

I went to Soteapan, Mexico a couple weeks ago to work with a missionary couple who have been friends of my family for many years. Jonnie and Juanita work with the Popoluca people in that area -- making relationships, communicating the gospel of Jesus and discipling. I was so blessed to be able to work along side them, meet their friends and make new ones.
Two days of the trip we hiked down and then back up the mountain into the town of Nuevo Mexico, a village of 12 small homes. The town official insisted we stay at his home with his family and that evening we showed the Jesus film on the side of his wooden house. The hike into the valley was three long, grueling hours of . . . hike, but it was well worth it -- the two pictures of people walking through jungle are from that hike, and the laundry line is from down in Nuevo Mexico.
Blanca Flor is the name of the little girl towards the bottom. She would laugh and laugh and laugh. I got to spend a lot of time with her and her cousins (last picture).
Enjoy a glimpse of the trip!













2 comments:

  1. 3rd and 5th from the bottom are worth like... $5,000.00 dollars. seriously. gorgeous shots. love the tilt shift. if you're ever in okc, please let me know so you can take some of my fam. thanks bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Neely. I am just constantly floored by your compliments. Thank you! Next time I'm in OKC I'll let you know . . . but last time I was there was January . . . some photographer was taking our engagment pictures :)

    ReplyDelete